Sunburst Rocks 21+ is a band performance program for adults only. Our band members will get together once per week for a 2-hour coached band rehearsal, taking the skills they’ve been honing on their individual instruments and putting them together into a whole greater than the sum of its parts.
The program will be focused on learning songs together and getting comfortable jamming and improvising with other musicians.
Over the course of the season, band members and instructors will work together to create a setlist of tunes that inspire everyone and speak to the shared interests of the group. We’ll also spend time songwriting, arranging, and recording, and each season will be capped with a show for friends and family at a local venue.
Sunburst Rocks 21+ is open to students who’ve got the basics of their instruments down including vocalists, guitarists (and ukuleleists), keyboardists, bassists and drummers. A willingness to try new instruments is helpful when it comes to assigning groups.
- Mondays 7-9pm, Tuesdays 7-9pm, Thursdays 6:30-8:30pm
- 2 hour class (average of 4 classes/month)
- Here are some per-instrument guidelines for new players:
- Guitar - Be able to strum and change open chords and power or barre chords without stopping.
- Bass - Be able to play a bass line for a simple 4 chord progression without stopping.
- Drums - Be able to play a basic rock beat steadily, at a variety of tempos.
- Vocals - Be able to match pitches.
- Keyboardists - Be able to change major and minor chords without stopping.
- If you’re unsure of whether or not you’re ready for the program, we’d be happy to set up a free consult with one of our instructors to confirm your eligibility or guide you on specific skills to work on for future eligibility.
Contact us to get involved with Sunburst Rocks 21+